Rants and Raves: The Beginning
Gonna try something new here. Every couple of weeks or so, or whenever the mood strikes, we’re going to go with Rants and Raves. The Rants being just whatever is really bothering us at this point in our lives, and the raves being the things that get us stoked. So here goes:
- Getting ready for income tax. I can think of few things more boring than putting together all that information. Ugh. Makes me crave caffeine.
- Notebooks where the little metal spiral things get bent, which makes them hard to close. Makes me want to throw them away, but then they have important stuff in them or else I wouldn’t have them in the first place.
- Getting gas in the car when it’s cold. It’s all nice and warm in the car. It’s not outside. Enough said.
- Computer quirks. I used to be in IT, so if I don’t know how to fix something on my computer, I know where to find out how to fix something. So, every time the power goes out, my computer loses contact with my printer. Every time, I go with the quick, non-permanent fix and tell myself I’ll take the time to do it right before the power goes out again. I’ve done this probably four or five times now. Does this make me a bad person?
- House quirks. My house is built on a concrete slab and I think it may have a crack in it, because in my office, the floor is colder than it is in other parts of the house. Maybe that’s why I’ve been colder this year than in winters past.
- Connecting with old friends. Found a buddy on Facebook last week that I hadn’t seen in about 20 years. That makes Facebook cool no matter what.
- The FCA Outback Dinner and Auction. When all is said and done, last Thursday’s event at Freedom Christian Academy should raise the most money in the history of the event. That’s worth a big ole shout out!
- Studio space. I picked up the keys to our shared studio space last Friday. Gonna be nice having a great place to shoot (look for a blog post on this soon).
- The Ipod Touch. Had mine for about a week now and I absolutely love it. I can see now why so many people, especially photographers, have Iphones. If it just wasn’t for AT&T’s crappy service…
- Little girls in the fall.